|Name of cemetery:
||Live Oak Cemetery
||Cecil Clark, President of the Cemetery Association (512-295-3571)
||From Austin: South on IH35 to Exit 225 (Onion Creek Parkway – FM 1626); continue south on the access to road to FM 1626; turn right (west); go .4 mile to Old San Antonio Road; turn left (south); go 1.4 miles to Twin Creeks Road; turn right (west); go .2 mile; cemetery is on the right.From San Antonio: Exit IH35 at Exit 226 (Slaughter Creek Overpass); cross over the overpass and continue south on the access road; follow above directions
||This is a well maintained cemetery of just over 15 acres. It has a chain link fence and gravel roads. There are large oak and cedar trees and a number of benches throughout. The oldest grave is dated 1874 and the cemetery is still in use with about 1/4 of the land unused. The cemetery consists of an old, unplotted section, plotted sections A thru F, the Heep family cemetery and a section for babies.
||January 2002 through March 2002
||George Rasor and Sandra Schmidt
||This page is part of the Austin Genealogical Society’s Cemetery Transcription Project. This information was compiled by volunteers who either transcribed historical records or visited the cemetery to write down the names and dates. Unless noted, the volunteer is not an affiliate of the cemetery.