Wishing you all a healthy and happy holiday season!
Join or renew HERE.
Coming in 2023…
“What Can I Do With My Stuff? Donating Your Genealogy to a Research Facility”, presented by Irene Walters from the Clayton Library in Houston. Irene will be presenting via Zoom on Tuesday, January 24 at 7 PM. Stay tuned for details!
February 28: Interactive table talks (tentative)
March 25: Guided tour of Texas State Cemetery (details to follow).
And much more!
The Austin Genealogical Society gives you the tools to be a better genealogist.
Here’s how we do it:
• SIGs: AGS has several special interest groups (SIGs) that meet regularly, and we launch new ones as our members want them. You can find notifications of DNA North at their Facebook page, Capital Area DNA SIG. All others currently on hiatus.
• Saturday Morning Drop-In: The third Saturday of each month we have experienced genealogists on hand to assist in solving genealogical issues from basic to complex. Members also come to work collegially. No charge. (on hiatus)
• Monthly Membership Meetings: We showcase an expert on genealogical research methods and new technology. All presentations are designed to help our members become better genealogists. Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7 PM (with exception of some international speakers on 4th Saturday afternoons) and are free. We are currently meeting by Zoom and are continuously re-evaluating to see when we can get together in-person.
• Research Trips: Further your research by visiting genealogy libraries and archives across the US. Our fall trip in October 2019 was to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. We’re looking forward to more trips in the future.
• Our Summer Seminar: We bring in a known expert for an extended seminar. In 2022, we welcomed D. Joshua Taylor.
Visitors are always welcome at any of our meetings. So please come, and bring a friend!