Happy Holidays from all of us at the
Austin Genealogical Society!
Join or renew HERE.
Our first meeting of the new year will be in-person and hybrid.
Tuesday, January 23rd, 7:00 pm at the Austin Dispute Resolution Center. Stay tuned – more details to come shortly!
So much more to come in 2024!
The Austin Genealogical Society gives you the tools to be a better genealogist.
Here’s how we do it:
• SIGs: AGS had several special interest groups (SIGs) that met regularly, and we launch new ones as our members want them. You can find notifications of DNA North at their Facebook page, Capital Area DNA SIG. If you are interested in others, or want to help with starting one, let us know!
• Saturday Morning Drop-In: The third Saturday of each month we have experienced genealogists on hand to assist in solving genealogical issues from basic to complex. Members also come to work collegially. No charge. (on hiatus)
• Monthly Membership Meetings: We showcase an expert on genealogical research methods and new technology. All presentations are designed to help our members become better genealogists. Meetings are typically held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7 PM (with exception of some international speakers or special events on 4th Saturday afternoons) and are free. We are currently meeting by Zoom and are now planning to meet in-person quarterly.
• Research Trips: Further your research by visiting genealogy libraries and archives across the US. Our fall trip in October 2019 was to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. We’re looking forward to more trips in the future.
• Our Summer Seminar: We bring in a known expert for an extended seminar. In 2023, we welcomed Diahan Southard once again!
Visitors are always welcome at any of our meetings. So please come, and bring a friend!