September – let’s get ready to travel!
Thursday, September 26th at 7 pm on Zoom.
Pat Murphree and Diane Harvey Anderson, board members of AGS and seasoned genealogical travelers, will share their experiences, tips and lessons learned to make your genealogical travel smooth and exciting! They will be talking about travel in the US, travel abroad, and trips to research institutions.
If you’ve gone on a trip of your own and can share some of your wisdom, or if you want to travel and be prepared for it, join us!
Tuesday, November 14 – Our meeting is moved to November 14 so as not to interfere with Thanksgiving holiday. Our special guest will be Cyndi Ingle, who will present to us Cyndi’s List in Practice. Zoom, 7 pm.
And much more to come in 2024!
Join or renew HERE.
The Austin Genealogical Society gives you the tools to be a better genealogist.
Here’s how we do it:
• SIGs: AGS had several special interest groups (SIGs) that met regularly, and we launch new ones as our members want them. You can find notifications of DNA North at their Facebook page, Capital Area DNA SIG. If you are interested in others, or want to help with starting one, let us know!
• Saturday Morning Drop-In: The third Saturday of each month we have experienced genealogists on hand to assist in solving genealogical issues from basic to complex. Members also come to work collegially. No charge. (on hiatus)
• Monthly Membership Meetings: We showcase an expert on genealogical research methods and new technology. All presentations are designed to help our members become better genealogists. Meetings are typically held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7 PM (with exception of some international speakers or special events on 4th Saturday afternoons) and are free. We are currently meeting by Zoom and are continuously re-evaluating to see when we can get together in-person.
• Research Trips: Further your research by visiting genealogy libraries and archives across the US. Our fall trip in October 2019 was to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. We’re looking forward to more trips in the future.
• Our Summer Seminar: We bring in a known expert for an extended seminar. In 2023, we’re looking forward to seeing Diahan Southard once again!
Visitors are always welcome at any of our meetings. So please come, and bring a friend!